Wednesday 22 February 2012

London Fashion Week: Corrie Nielson

It was the London Fashion Week weekend from 17th-21st February and I've just been looking on their website at the catwalk report pages. (I'm only up to day one, I've got a long way to go!). One collection that caught my eye was by Corrie Nielson, a Florida-born designer who lives in London. If you want to know more about her, read on. If not, just skip the next paragraph! :)

As you will see in the pictures after this paragraph, she is very inspired by tartan prints and the Scottish style so I was surprised to see she is American. However, as I read more about her, I discovered her great, great, great grandfather was Scottish and that he is part of her inspiration for her AW12 collection. Her designs are described as "a witty take on traditional men’s tailoring" and her evening wear "makes a truly original statement for gala events". You can say that again! Take a look at some of her designs...









I always look out for those little things the designers keep the same in each collection, whether it be the hairstyle, shoes, nails or, in this case, a tartan tattoo covering one side of the models' faces! I think those little details are so important and I really loved this particular one.

You can see that some of her designs are 'peplum' inspired which is one of the trends for Spring 2012 (although I know this is an AW 2012 collection). If you haven't seen my post on the peplum trend, check it out! :)


Random Fact: Kelly Rowland wore a Corrie Nielson top for one of the X-Factor shows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below, it makes me happy every time I see one :)