Saturday 7 January 2012

Massive Haul and First Impressions Part 2 (Lush)

So here's the second part (of the Lush part) of my haul! To see the first part, click here.



This is 13 Soap (Unlucky for Dirt) and smells really clean and fresh. It smells slightly of roses but has a sweet smell in there too. I've included a picture of it next to one of the normal sized black Lush pots because it looks like a tiny piece of turkish delight in the first picture. According to the website it had manuka honey and oregano in it. Interesting combination!


Now for the most well-known of all the Lush products we bought: Honey I Washed the Kids! I can't believe we went so long without ever trying this! It's a soap and smells exactly like honey and toffee and all that good stuff. There's a soap-like smell in there too but that is to be expected. I think this has got to be one of the best looking soaps out there. I've included a close up picture below of what the honeycomb part looks like.


Usually the whole thing is covered with the orangey part but unfortunately ours doesn't have much :/


And here's what the side looks like. As you can see only a small fraction of it is the honeycomb part but I can live with that, just because of the smell. This is another one that you have got to try if you can get to Lush.


This is Herbalism. It's a cleanser with tiny almond chunks. The list of ingredients are really wierd. Let me give you the first couple of ingredients:

Ground almonds (gives a kind of exfoliating effect),
Kaolin (which absorbs grease and gives a deep clean),
Glycerine,
Chlorophyllin water (this is what makes grass green and is supposed to help regenerate skin),
Nettle (eek!),
Rosemary and Rice Vinegar Extract (vinegar...?),
Rice Bran (also for exfoliating),
etc..

After reading that, I now know what it smells like. Vinegar. Not very pleasant but bearable!

This cleanser is supposed to exfoliate, remover grease and calm troubled skin. I haven't tried it yet but, as with all the products, I'll do a review!


Ultrabland. This is also a cleanser and was highly recommended by the lady in the shop. She said she couldn't live without it. I have tried this one but I'll do a proper review on it soon. My first impressions were that it doesn't smell of much (which is not a bad thing at all), but it is very oily. I think the basic concept behind the amount of oil in it (which comes from the almonds) is that if you remove all the natural oils from your face (as you would with normal cleansers) your skin is just going to produce more oil and make the situation worse. Therefore, this cleanser provides the oils that your face needs but without making it 'over-oily.' That doesn't make any sense at all but I hope you understand where I'm coming from!

But this is meant to be highly, highly recommended by all Lush staff so I know it works! I haven't seen much difference yet but I've only been using it for a couple of days. If you have really problematic skin it is recommended to stop using all skin products and try this out for a month. If you try this out, please let me know if it works!


Now, Cupcake. Oh My God. This stuff smells amazing. It smells of chocolate and because it's a face mask, you get to keep it on your face for 10 minutes every time you use it! It's one of the more popular face masks and is specifically designed for younger skin. All of its ingredients have one purpose or another. The linseed is to soften the skin, the mint is to tone it, the cocoa butter is to moisturise it and the rhassoul mud is to absorb grease and give a deep cleanse. I think what I like most about this product is the smell which is a combination of cocoa butter, vanilla and spearmint oil. Perfect! And, as Lush quite rightly says, "Who wouldn't want to sit around with chocolate on their face?"


And finally, we have the Colour Supplement in the colour Light Pink. I spotted this and was immediately drawn in by the thought of an organic foundation. Then I found out it was so much of a foundation than a tinted moisturiser. Basically, you can use the product on its own or mix it with a moisturiser of your choice (I use Vanishing Cream which is also by Lush) to make a tinted moisturiser. I've tried this as well but, as I said, I will do proper reviews when I've given each product a chance!

So that concludes the Lush part of my haul. Part 3 will be tomorrow. Can't wait to see you then!

*And I thought I might add another disclaimer: Lush didn't send me any of these products, my mum and me bought them with our own money!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below, it makes me happy every time I see one :)