Tuesday 24 January 2012

Top Trends for Spring 2012 Series: 20s Fashion (Drop-Waist Dresses and Deco Detailing)

Intro: I'm doing a 'Top Trends' series of blog posts of the top trends this Spring. I'm taking the trends and finding affordable 'trendy' clothes that you can find on the high street. I hope you enjoy this series and don't forget to comment if you like any of the clothes mentioned!


20s Fashion (Drop-Waist Dresses and Deco Detailing)


While 2011 was all about the 50's, 60's and 70's, the decade for this spring is the 20's! When I think of the 20's, I think about flapper dresses. This is certainly one source of inspiration for fashion this Spring, but there are a few other elements of the 20's that I've noticed appearing in the highstreet recently. Primarily, these include drop-waist dresses and deco detailing (both of which are very 20's!).


Sheer Beaded Top - New Look £27.99 £10.00 


Flapper Dress by Jones and Jones - Topshop £75.00 £30.00


Warehouse Drop Waist Crepe Dress - ASOS £55.00


Nicola Embellished Shift Dress - Boohoo £20.00


ASOS SALON Chiffon Flapper Dress - ASOS £95.00 £40.00


ASOS PREMIUM 1920's Embellished Dropped Waist T- Shirt Dress - ASOS £180.00 £54.00


Silver Beaded Scalloped Clutch - New Look £19.99 


Light Pink Art Deco Clip Purse - River Island £17.00


Pieces Skate Deco Aliceband - ASOS £12.00


Metallic Twisted Knot Headband - New Look £4.99


Deco Mixed Metal Torque Necklace - Topshop £12.50


Monocream Articulated Earrings - New Look £3.99


It would be great if any international readers could comment below suggesting clothes websites that are more available to them. Because, although you can probably find most of the clothes I suggest elsewhere, I know some of the choices I pick aren't available to every country and I don't want to isolate anyone :) And if you can't or don't want to post a comment, email me at plumesdepaon.loveblogs@yahoo.co.uk, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below, it makes me happy every time I see one :)