Tuesday 13 December 2011

Yankee Candle Tartlet Review

For my birthday, as a small present, I received an oil burner and a Yankee Candle wax tartlet in Pink Sands. I was really excited to be trying out a Yankee Candle product because I've heard great things about them, but I was so disappointed when I tried out this wax tartlet. Here are some pictures of the tartlet after I used about 3/4 of it. You only have to use a very small amount (about 1/6) to get a strong scent.


Yes, I'm using a saucer... :)


I only have a quarter of it left and I might throw the rest away, that's how bad it is...

I don't know whether it was just my one, or if every tartlet is like this but I'm definitely going to go out and get different type to review and try because they're only £1.20.

Basically, the pros and cons are:

Pros
It smells nice when you open the packet or when you break a bit off (it smells like roses so I don't know where the 'sands' comes from!)
The colour is pretty

Cons
It's really crumbly, especially when you first open the packet
The packet is really fiddly to open and the product (and crumbs) are flung everywhere once you manage to open it
It smells disgusting once you have it on for 10-15 minutes - it's way too strong (it gave me and everyone else in the house a headache)
If you burn one piece more than once, it ends up looking like this


The pink colour separates from the wax and all you can smell is the wax and it's so strong. It's really not a nice smell and it's hard to clean off the burner too. However, I think this might just be a design fault with the pink colourings so the next one I purchase will be another colour. Also, some people might like really, really strong rose scents, but I'm not one of those people. I much prefer sweet, sugary and cinammony scents. :)

I hope you enjoyed my review. If you did, don't forget to comment below and follow my blog because there's lots more where that came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below, it makes me happy every time I see one :)