Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas Dinner Outfit (I know it's early!)

This evening I had an early Christmas dinner. I go to a boarding school (but I'm not a boarder?!) so the people who live on site have a huge Christmas dinner a couple of days before we break up. Although the food isn't michelin starred, the dressing up is fun! I absolutely love the Christmas season because you get to dress up, not only for Christmas parties, but for New Year's as well. And who doesn't love dressing up?!

So I've decided to do a post on the outfit that I wore tonight. I wore an electric blue dress from River Island and black heels from New Look. Unfortunately, I bought them almost a year ago so I doubt they will be in stock now but you can always find something similar.


Here's an overview of the outfit. The dress was one-shouldered, and the 'skirt' was ruched but the top part was loose. I don't usually go for that style, I'm more of a bodycon dress kinda gal, but the draped part is balanced by the skirt. The shoes are about 4 1/2 inches and are a suedy kind of material. There are three bows that go down the front of the shoe and they are surprisingly easy to walk in, even though I had to get a size too small.


The material is sort of shiney, not overly shiney, but shimmery. Enough to stand out anyway :)


The shoulder had this beaded detailing on. I don't really like the beads, they are sort of inbetween gold and silver which annoys me because I don't know whether to accesorize with gold or with silver. I was also going to wear the pair of reindeer earrings that I mentioned in this post, but I forgot them so I couldn't :(


The shoes are about 4 1/2 inches and are a suedy kind of material. There are three bows that go down the front of the shoe and they are surprisingly easy to walk in, even though I had to get a size too small. It's so annoying being a size 8!

I hope you enjoyed my outfit post and I hope to write to you again soon (!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below, it makes me happy every time I see one :)